To help ensure your success as a client support professional, basic computer knowledge is a must. Necessary skills include, but are not limited to:
- Being able to use a mouse and computer keyboard
- Being able to shut down and turn on the computer properly
- Understanding how to navigate the computer’s files and desktop environment
- Knowing how to create, name, save and delete a folder
- Functional knowledge of programs including how to launch and close a computer program
- Understanding how to use e-mail including sending and opening email
- Knowing how to use the Internet including navigating to a site and using search engines like Google
- Ability to navigate through multiple screens
Maintaining an optimal workstation setup is key to providing the good quality and service to the client programs that we service.
As your independent business owner, we are here for support to help maintain your workstation so you can provide the best possible service to our clients.
A desktop/tower computer with a separate monitor is recommended.
Note: All-in-one computers may not be compatible with some client programs. Please refer to the opportunity announcement for additional requirements. Dual boot machines, Netbooks, and Tablets are prohibited from use.
Windows 10 Now Supported!
Each of the below accessories are needed:
1. USB headset with microphone (needed for Certification) Logitech, Plantronics, Microsoft, or similar brands recommended.
2. Hard-wired Telephone and headset (needed for Production) Plantronics T10 or similar recommended.
Client programs may have varying requirements for additional software compatibility. Please refer to the opportunity announcement for additional requirements.
1. Internet Explorer 8.0 or 9.0
2. Microsoft Security Essentials Other security software may be incompatible and should be avoided. Technical support may be refused if your company’s software configuration is not compatible with Arise systems or is determined to cause incompatibilities with required servicing software.
Note: Client support professionals are responsible for maintaining the security and reliability of their equipment. Additional support from the Static Agents staff is available upon request. The following items are considered security risks to the Arise network and, upon detection, may subject your company to the suspension or termination of its MSA or SOW:
- Unlicensed or pirated software
- Malware infected software
- Virtualized Operating Systems (ie: VMWare, Parallels, etc.)
- Non-Arise provided VPN software or Proxy settings
- TOR or other privacy software
Internet and Phone Service Providers
1. Hard-wired 3.0 Mbps download / 1.0 Mbps upload broadband Internet service via DSL, Cable, or Fiber Optic connection
Note: The use of wireless connections to access any Arise system at any time is prohibited, even if the connection is encrypted. Additionally, Satellite, Microwave, and Cellular Hotspot Internet Services are not permitted.
Note: USB connected modems are not supported.
2. Hard-wired land line telephone service
Note: Unless stated otherwise in the opportunity announcement, most client programs are compatible with the following types of services: POTS (plain old telephone service), cable telephony, digital service,
or VoIP. The service should be connected directly from the wall to your telephone, as Softphones and cell phones are not permitted. The telephone line should not interface at any point with the computer. The servicing telephone line should not have voicemail, fax, or other features on the line (other than long distance, if necessary). Please review the client opportunity announcement for full details.
To ensure high level security for confidential information, it is recommended that client support professionals are prohibited from undertaking the following activities while servicing a client program unless such activity is part of a process that Static Agents is specifically authorized to perform:
- Utilization of any external devices (including but not limited to CD/DVD drives, printers, external drives, scanners, etc.);
- Copying/printing/reproduction in any form, including but not limited to local hard drive, email, chat/instant message, screenshots, handwritten or electronic notes, or pictures of any Client data;
- Connecting to any network other than the Arise network while connected to any client network (bridging networks, peer-to-peer/workgroup, etc.);
- Use of public applications including but not limited to social media sites, email, instant message/chat (other than with Arise or client representatives), and video/audio conferencing solutions not specifically approved in writing as necessary in performing a specific client’s tasks; or
- Desktop sharing or remote control of a desktop with anyone other than an authorized technical support representative.